Google+ The Duda Homestead: Thankful Thursdays #3

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful Thursdays #3

I know I'm a little late, but I wasn't going to get on the computer on Thanksgiving. I was busy in the kitchen making my contribution to the feast, homemade rolls and cranberry sauce! This week will be a bit easier because my hubby was home with us most of the week :)

  1. Snow. I love it. I think it is beautiful, and I love our yard covered in a fresh coating of snow. I know it can really screw up your commute, which leads me to...
  2. Not having a commute. I have been working since I was 14 years old, with anywhere from a 5 minutes to hour long commute. I do love winter, but starting off the day in a freezing cold car can make you forget that. Staying home in our cozy house with our beautiful view has me very thankful that I get to enjoy winter so much this year.
  3. Baby Carriers. I don't think I've said this one yet, which is hard to believe. Especially since it has gotten cold, wearing little man close to me in a carrier makes it so easy to get out of the house and keep both of us warm. I get to walk around with my own little heater attached to me. I really like the Mei Tai carriers now that he's bigger.
  4. My Kitchen Aid mixer. I'm not sure why, but ever since I was probably 12 years old, I'd wanted a red Kitchen Aid mixer. We received one as a wedding gift from my generous father-in-law & his awesome girlfriend. I used it to make a tripple batch of cupcakes for our wedding and now am using it to make my own bread. While I love to get my hands dirty kneading dough, Little Man doesn't usually want to wait 20 minutes for me, so 2 minutes in the mixer rocks.
  5. Vacuums. Can you imagine cleaning without a vacuum? Especially if you have pets that shed...oh man. 
  6. Fat Quarter Challenge. I have really enjoyed taking part in the contest the past two months (and still can't believe that I won both months!). It has been fun to force myself to create. I need deadlines or I have a hard time getting motivated, and the FQC gives me that. I am passing the baton for Dec, but plan to get back into it in 2014!
  7. Thanksgiving. Day 7 was Thanksgiving, and we are happy to report that we had a very pleasant one. You know everyone getting together can sometimes make for some not-so-pleasant conversation at times, but everyone brought their A game and it was fantastic. I always enjoy attending anything that our FIL's GF (we need a better name for you!) hosts. Great food, drinks, snacks, & company!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and spending time with friends & family. I feel very strongly against shopping on Thanksgiving and did not participate in keeping these employees away from their families. I have been there and it wasn't fun.

Enjoy these short 3 weeks until Christmas!! As always, please feel free to tell me what you are thankful for in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, or just want to say "hi"? Please do! I'd love to hear from you! Just one rule: Be nice & keep an open mind <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...